Medical Store Keeper
POSITION TITLE: Storekeeper
REPORTS TO: General Manager
POSITION SUMMARY: Under direction, performs a variety of medical store activities such as plans and performs work that involves ordering, receiving, inspecting, returning, unloading, shelving, packing, delivering, and maintaining inventory and stock records, office supplies, and various items required for the medical clinic.
- Receives and inspects all incoming materials and reconciles with purchase orders; processes and distributes documentation with our purchase orders; reports, documents and tracks damages and discrepancies on orders received.
- Fills supply requisitions; assists buyer to order adequate merchandise and supplies; delivers orders to centers and staff.
- Receives and stores documents and confidential files; maintains record of approved document and confidential file destruction.
- Canceled and damaged items back to vendors as appropriate.
- Handles and documents storage of all types of materials.
- Answers questions regarding procedures and resolves discrepancies regarding receipts, deliveries, warranties, repairs and surplus property.
- Ability to perform general storekeeping duties; maintain accurate manual and computer records; perform physical labor; understand and carry out oral and written instruction; maintain cooperative working relationships; demonstrate sensitivity to, and respect for, a diverse population.
- Knowledge of modern store procedures, including methods of proper and orderly storage and issuance of materials; basic stock inventory procedures; requisitions, purchase orders, invoices, packing slips, bills of lading, freight tags, and the use and meaning of each; computerized store record keeping systems.
- Ensure the smooth functioning and coordination of medical store services
- Maintains receipts, records, and withdrawals.
- Checks materials and supplies and reports when stock is low.
- Receives and unpacks materials and supplies.
- Reports damages and discrepancies for accounting, reimbursement and record-keeping purposes.
- Any other duties assigned by the Management.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS (Knowledge, Skills & Ability)
Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
Performs a variety of tasks.
Works under general supervision.
Positive, people-oriented and energetic attitude
Ability to plan and prioritize work, meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Requires a degree / high school diploma with minimum 2 years of experience in storekeeping, inventory control and recordkeeping.
- Equivalent of 3-5 years of previous work experience in another hospital/clinic in the same capacity will be considered in lieu of education.Apply Now